Tuna Fish Farming:
The following information is about Tuna Fish Farming.
INTRODUCTION ABOUT TUNA FISH
- The Tuna fish rearing for meat is being increased more as the business nowadays, because there are more profits in the Tuna fish farming with less capital input and minimum care and management.
- Tuna fish farming or rearing fish for meat is very easy working job, but it requires care to be taken in some important tasks such as selecting a high yielding variety of Tuna fish.
- For Commercial purpose fish farming is Tuna is one of the important species of fish, which has great market potential in the international market.
- Tuna Fish is a marine living fish one of the important fish breed that is used in fish farming for commercial purpose.
- This fish belongs to the Thunnini tribe and it is one of the subgroups of the family Mackerel family (Scombridae). This tribe of fish consists of 16 species of fish which have a greater size than the other fishes throughout the world.
- Especially some of the bullet tuna species are smallest in size and weighing up to 3 kg, Atlantic bluefin tuna; weight up to 800 kg was largest of the remaining species of the tuna fish and is able to live for about more than 35 to 40 years.
SPECIES OF TUNA FISH
- Albacore tuna.
- Southern bluefin tuna.
- Bigeye tuna.
- Pacific bluefin tuna.
- Atlantic bluefin tuna.
- Blackfin tuna.
- Longtail tuna.
- Yellowfin tuna.
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS OF TUNA FISH FARMING
- Tuna fish meat has plenty of health benefits and it is an ideal replacement for red meat.
- This fish meat contains important omega-3 fatty acids; it is useful for reducing omega-6 fatty acids content and cholesterol level in our body. So it is good for heart health.
- Tuna fish meat also helps in blood regulation in our body.
- By eating tuna fish can lose weight and also relieve obesity problem.
- The tuna fish meat contains Vitamin B, vitamin C, manganese, and Zinc content in higher levels which helps in boosting the immune system and increases energy level.
- It has the ability to kill the cancer cell and is used for few kinds of cancer such as breast cancer, colon cancer, etc.
- Meat contains sodium and potassium minerals in higher levels, so helpful in preventing us from many kidney diseases such as arthritis, gout, etc.
- Consuming tuna’s meat is also considered the best home remedy for depression and stress problems.
- They are also found to be beneficial in giving relief from inflammation problems.
HOW TO START A NEW TUNA FISH FARMING
Tuna fish farming or rearing fish for meat is a very easy working job, but it requires care to be taken in some important tasks such as selecting a high-yielding variety of Tuna fish. It required some technical skills to maintaining the fish farm.
SELECTING THE SUITABLE SITE FOR TUNA FISH FARMING
Tuna fish farming can be done in every part of the world, but for earning more profit in rearing tuna it should be near to good and the proper market point is always beneficial.
- For selecting a farm site some care should be taken and make sure about good transportation. There is also a need for good market potential in the local market because it is beneficial to sell locally than exporting it to the international market.
- In the selection of site, it is a most important point that tuna fish which live only in marine habitat but not freshwater because it cannot live in freshwater. For good profits make sure of a good stock of food for feeding these is because to make large sizes fishes.
- The best idea is to site at the bank of the sea or an ocean since, in this, there is also less requirement of feeding fish in less amount are required.
CONSTRUCTION OF POND IN TUNA FISH FARMING
- For raising fish selecting appropriate land for tuna farming and construct a good pond for them. If reared openly, then as we know that these large fish are also very excellent in fishing and may eat the young ones also. There will be some chances to getting out from the region, used for fish farming.
- To grow happily and healthily fishes, a comfortable pond is required to grow fish meat production. Most of the growers also use the constructed pond with the help of heavy fishnet in the ocean or sea only to raise fishes.
- So it requires a less initial investment in tuna fish farming. Depending on the scale of the initial input, the size of the pond for commercial tuna farming varies from person to person for better meat production.
FEEDING MANAGEMENT IN TUNA FISH FARMING
- In commercial tuna fish farming, feeding management plays an important role in the production of fish meat. For the best fish meat production, there is a need of feeding fishes with fresh, quality, and nutritious food so that they grow with their optimum growth rate to result in maximum profits.
- Presently, such foods for tuna fishes are easily available in the market. To minimize the initial input, one can also prepare such food/feed at home itself.
- For preparing nutritious food for tuna fish, the materials are used soybean seeds; maize/corn, essential minerals, vitamins, salts, and you can add earthworms, etc.
- High-quality fish food gives weight to the fish in fish meat production. It makes the fish healthy. The fish can feed multiples times throughout the day.
CARE IN FISH FEEDING MANAGEMENT IN TUNA FISH FARMING
- The water should change in the pond water occasionally for the better growth of fishes. Very frequently check out the pH of water and soil for better health fish. The pH value of pond water should be from 7.5 to 8.5 for the excellent growth rate of fishes.
- Take care about diseases and there should not any entry of diseases into the pond. The presence of any diseases in the pond directly lowers down tuna fish production.
- Keep pond safe and clean by keeping away all types of natural predators such as snakes, frogs, wild cats, dogs, etc. It is essential and also needs of fresh and clean environment for optimum fish production.
HARVESTING IN TUNA FISH FARMING
Catching the fish is easy by removing water from the pond. If it is in the ocean you can use fishnet or if a pond constructed by fishnet you can lift the fishnet. It is so easy and more comfortable task in fish farming. After catching the fish they send and transported it to the nearby local market for marketing.
Tuna fish can grow up to the weight of 35 to 40 kg. It is highly economical and healthy to consume and high medicinal value. It can be stored in cooled stores make the storage should be near to the farm.
Read about Tilapia Fish Farming.
In case if you miss this: Growing Vegetables Hydroponically.
- 10 Reasons Why Your Potted Tree is Not Fruiting: Remedies and Treatment for Container Plants
- Unlocking the Secrets to Flower Development Failure: Essential Causes Explored
- Ultimate Guide to Moringa ODC3 Seeds: Variety Benefits, Cultivation, Yield, and Market Price
- Best Fertilizer That Makes Flowers Bloom: Organic and Synthetic Solutions
- 10 Reasons Why Your Potted Plant is Not Blooming: Remedies and Treatment